Young Designers' Talk at Knitty City
You may or may not know this, but I adore Knitty City. Let me count the ways:
1) When I only knew how to cast on, knit, purl and cast off, Pearl hired me to work as a sales associate.
2) If you're having a bad day, you can plop yourself down at the back table and I guarantee someone will make you giggle, most likely at yourself.
3) The store is oozing with yarn. And I mean that literally. It's not for the faint of heart.
4) When Pearl was deciding on the logo, she liked it because it kind of looked like a pizza.
5) The staff has been known to be the friendliest in "the city". I'd like to make an argument for "the world".
6) It's open 7 days a week.
7) Usually you'll find a canine friend napping on the floor at the back table.
8) There is ALWAYS someone there, employee or customer, to help you decide on color and/or yarn, or interpret a pattern.
9) It has the best selection of Madelinetosh yarn.
10) They think I'm "young"!
They've asked me to speak as part of their Young Designers' Talk series. So I'll be there on Thursday, October 4th at 6pm. Come hang out with us - it'll sure to be tons of fun! I'll be talking about my transition from a full-time job in Corporate America, to freelancing as a knitwear designer. And, I'll be sure to chat about some of my latest designs.